privacy & security
Who we are
We are Forthglade Foods Ltd, a company registered in England & Wales with company number 07781711. Our registered office is at Woodwater House, Pynes Hill, Exeter, Devon, United Kingdom, EX2 5WR.
This privacy also applies to any other website we might operate in the future, and to any other companies owned by Forthglade Foods Ltd.
The information we collect about you
We collect information about you in three different ways:
- When you directly give it to us (“directly provided data”)
When you visit our website, register with us or place an order for products or services, you are providing data by filling in text boxes or clicking buttons. All of this information requires a direct action by you. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback, contact customers services and participate in competitions.
- When you give us permission to obtain it from other businesses (“user authorised data”)
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, if another website jointly runs a competition with us, they will send us a list of the entrants who opted to receive our email newsletter as part of their entry. The information we obtain from such third parties does depend on your settings for that service or their privacy policies, so you should always regularly check what those are. However, we will only arrange such joint-promotions if it is made clear how the data will shared with us.
- When our systems, or those of companies we engage with, collect information or data as you use our website or other services (“system collected data”)
Whenever you use a website, or read email, there is certain information that gets created and recorded automatically by the IT systems behind the website or email service. For example:
(a) When accessing Forthglade.com, we use “cookies” (a small text file sent by your computer each time you visit our website, unique to your Forthglade account or your browser) to make it easier for you to use Forthglade.com, improve your shopping experience with us or so we can log data relating to the pages you viewed and activities you carried out during your visit. These cookies may be “session” cookies (that last until you close your browser) or “persistent” cookies (that last until you or your browser deletes them). Some of the cookies we use are directly associated with your Forthglade account (relating to things like the email address you gave us), and other cookies are not. There are more details on our cookie usage below.
(b)In addition, the type of device you’re using to access Forthglade and the settings on that device may provide us with information about your device, including what type of device it is, what specific device you have, what operating system you’re using, what your device settings are, and why a crash has happened. What information we can be provided with depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have more details about what information your device makes available to us.
How we use the information about you
We may use the information held about you to
- Process your orders and manage your account
- Update and manage our customer and marketing databases
- Ensure that the content of our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device
- If you agree, to email you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you
- Personalise emails that we send to you, including using your name to address emails and using your purchase history to provide relevant content
- Provide relevant social media content
- Carry out market research and analysis
- Administer and improve our website, including trouble-shooting, data analysis, testing, and research
- Measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and deliver relevant advertising to you
- Confirm your identity and to prevent fraud
- Keep our website secure; comply with applicable law; enforce and apply our terms and conditions; protect the rights and property of Forthglade, our customers and others
When we will share your information
We may share your information in the following circumstances:
- To business partners, suppliers, subcontractors and other third parties as necessary for the performance of any contract we enter with you, such as the delivery of an order or processing of a credit card payment
- To business partners, suppliers and subcontractors and other third parties as necessary for the performance of any contract we have with them, for example we use a third-party supplier to send marketing emails
- In the event of a competition or promotion where we give you the opportunity to opt-in to news and offers from a third party. If you do opt-in, we will pass the relevant details, typically just your name and email address, to the third party
- To analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, under the protection of a non-disclosure agreement
- If Forthglade Foods Ltd, or substantially all of its assets, are acquired by the third party, personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
- To protect our website from fraud and theft we may pass on personal information that is required to make identity checks and personal information that we obtain from making identity checks (including information relating to your age, name and location), together with account information to organisations, including law enforcement agencies, involved in fraud prevention and detection and credit risk reduction. Please note that these third parties may retain a record of the information that we provide to them for this purpose.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation
- In order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Forthglade Foods Limited, our customers or others.
How we will not use your data
Forthglade will not share your information with other companies for their marketing purposes, and will not sell, or seek to make financial gain from, your information, aside from our own marketing activities.
We do not store or retain your financial information, such as credit card numbers. All website payments are taken by third parties who give us details of you, your order number and status of the payment, but not your credit card numbers.
Marketing & your right to opt out
Every email newsletter that we send out includes an unsubscribe link. You can also unsubscribe by contacting customer services.
We do not send marketing text messages, social media direct messages or postal mail, and will not do so in the future without your explicit permission.
Access to your information & correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us at the address below.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
How to contact us
Telephone: 0808 169 2900
Post: Forthglade Natural Pet Food, Bellinster Industrial Estate, Berners Cross, Winkleigh, Devon, EX19 8DH