As part of our 50th birthday celebrations, we’ve teamed up with a pet nutritionist to create the perfect bake at home treat that you and you pup and enjoy together! These easy to bake birthday pupcakes are delicious and sure to get the tail wag of approval.
For the cakes:
- 60g unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 150g all purpose flour
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- 125ml buttermilk
- 1 ripened banana
For the topping:
- 50g Greek yoghurt
- 50g unsalted peanut butter (Xylitol free)
- A handful of Forthglade treats or banana slices
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius
- Whip the butter and add the egg
- Add vanilla essence and buttermilk and stir
- Combine the dry ingredients
- Mash ripened banana and turn mixture into dough
- Add to cupcake holders and bake for 25 – 30 mins
- Allow to cool before adding the topping
- Decorate with your pups favourite Forthglade treats
Portions: the recipe makes 8 cupcakes.
Nutritional information: calories 1580 (197.5 per cupcake), carbohydrates 38 %, protein 11 %, fat 51 %. The cupcakes can be frozen (not the topping). Treats should never make up more than 10% of your dog’s diet.
Ideal for: healthy, active dogs as a little treat on their birthday. Cupcakes not recommended for dogs on a low fat diet, or with a history of pancreatitis due to the higher fat content.
* These treats are only to be shared when baked, as unbaked dough or mixture should not be fed to dogs
*Recipe created by a pet nutritionist.
Find our more about all our 50th birthday celebrations here.