Don't forget your four-legged friend this Pancake Day! Get creative in the kitchen together with our delicious dog-friendly pancake recipe. This recipe will make five tasty pancakes - for the ulti-mutt Shrove Tuesday treat!
For the pancakes:
- 150 grams wholemeal flour
- 80 grams oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 300 ml Kefir
- 1 egg
- Butter or coconut oil, for frying
For the peanut butter drizzle:
- 2 tsp smooth peanut butter (xylitol-free) at room temperature
- 1 to 2 tsp warm water
- To make the pancakes combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir together until smooth and there are no lumps
- Heat some butter or coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat
- Add a ladle of batter to the pan. It will seem thick but that is how it should be
- Fry over medium heat until the underside is golden and the pancake is starting to set. Turn it over carefully with a spatula and fry the other side until golden
- To make the peanut butter drizzle combine the peanut butter with enough water to get a runny consistency.
- Serve each pancake whole or cut with a cookie cutter into any shape you like.
- Drizzle the sauce over the pancake and top with blueberries
Nutritional Facts: 631 Calories. 44% Carbohydrates, 36% Fat, 20% Protein
Kefir contains ‘friendly’ bacteria that support your dog’s digestive system and prevent the growth of harmful bacteria in the intestines.
Blueberries are far richer in antioxidants than most other common fruits and vegetables.
Oats digest slowly and keeps your dog feeling fuller for longer.
* Ideal for: healthy, active dogs. These are intended as a treat and only to be fed as part of a balanced diet.
* Raw batter should not be fed to dogs.
* Use Xylitol free peanut butter.