Share the love with your four-legged friend this Halloween, with our bake-at-home Halloween treats recipe.
The recipe makes 20 medium-sized bones
Oven: 200°C, 15 minutes
- 200 grams tinned pumpkin puree (make sure this is plain, tinned pumpkin puree and not dessert pumpkin as this often contains added sugar, fat & seasonings)
- 225 grams wholemeal flour
- 7 grams dry yeast
- 1 ½ tsp olive oil
- 50 grams grated parmesan
- In a large bowl combine the flour, dry yeast and grated parmesan
- Add the pumpkin pure and olive oil and mix it all together until the dough is firm
- Cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rise for about 30 minutes
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 200°C
- Divide the dough into 20 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a stick about 22cm long. Loosely tie a knot in each end of the sticks.
- Place on parchment paper and bake the bones for 15 minutes or until golden
- Allow the bones to completely cool on a wire rack
Nutritional Facts: 1035 Calories. 64% Carbohydrates, 19% Fat, 17% Protein (for all the treats)
Ideal for: healthy, active dogs. Treats are to be fed as part of a balanced diet.
* These treats are only to be shared when baked, as unbaked dough or mixture should not be fed to dogs