With the festive season upon us, we thought you'd appreciate a delicious recipe to bake at home to help you show your four-legged friend how much you love them this Christmas. Simple, easy and sure to get a tail wag of approval you'll making them time & time again.
- 130g oat flour
- 20g almond flour
- 60g dried cranberries
- 120g shredded turkey leftovers
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl
- Add oat flour, almond flour, cranberries and turkey
- Kneed the dough and roll it out approx 3mm thick (if the dough is a bit sticky to handle add more flour)
- Cut with a star-shaped cookie cutter*
- Place on parchment paper and bake for 30 minutes or until they are golden brown.
*A 7cm star cookie cutter makes approx 30 cookies.
Ideal for: healthy, active dogs. Treats are to be fed as part of a balanced diet.
* These treats are only to be shared when baked, as unbaked dough or mixture should not be fed to dogs.
For a harder cookie, allow the treats to cool inside the oven completely before removing.
Dried cranberries add a pop of fruity flavour to these festive treats but don’t substitute them with raisins. Grapes and raisins are not suitable for dogs as just a few can be dangerous, causing acute renal failure.
Have a wonderful Christmas and whatever happens, try not to be tempted to share your festive goodies with your dog! For more advice on how to keep your four-legged friend safe this festive season, click here .