Location: Okehampton, Devon.
Reporting to: Shift Supervisor
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Hours: 0600-1400/1400-2200 hours Monday to Friday, rotating weekly (Flexibility outside of these hours required to meet business demands)
Holiday: 25 days + Bank Holidays
It’s an exciting time to join the Forthglade family in our state-of-the-art factory in Okehampton. We’ve been proudly producing natural pet food in Devon since 1971 and things have changed a lot since then.
To carry out a range of routine tasks and processes in line with operating procedures to ensure products or materials meet the required standards and business needs. To support and deputise for the Supervisor in effectively managing the team with H&S, training and maintaining quality standards.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, develop and motivate, building a team that operates self-sufficiently to consistently high standards across health, safety, quality, performance, and cost.
- Actively setting example of high-performance behaviour and challenging when team behaviours do not reach the same standard.
- Support the Supervisor with probationary reviews for new starters, absence management, and train, record and sign off Operatives against operating procedures.
- Responsibility for own personal development and relevant training, to include attendance on and off shift as and when required.
- Attend site team briefs when required and regular 121s with line manager.
- Communicate effectively with team, and key stakeholders to improve departmental cooperation.
- Proactively championing continuous improvement and supporting energy saving projects identifying and delivering cost saving initiatives across a range of categories.
- Assist in meeting company production KPI’s, by effective management of the team, minimizing downtime and changeover.
Experience & Knowledge
Working knowledge of a factory and food environment. Specific knowledge within a given area of our manufacturing site and the ability to train/coach in this area of expertise.
Skills & Personal Attributes
Good numeracy and literacy skills. Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and work on own initiative where required. Ability to prioritise and manage own time effectively. Willing to deputise for the Supervisor when required. Trustworthy, reliable, and punctual.