Location: Okehampton, Devon.
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Holiday: 25 days + Bank Holidays
It’s an exciting time to join the Forthglade family in our state-of-the-art factory in Okehampton. We’ve been proudly producing natural pet food in Devon since 1971 and things have changed a lot since then.
Responsible for consolidating and reporting of stock counts and valuations, reconciling, and explaining variances, maintaining standard costs of goods, and supporting Commercial analysis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Reconciliation of reported stock balances against expectations given known movements and investigation of unexplained or unreconciled differences, identifying cause, and recommending control or process improvements.
- Review ageing stock and assist with the calculation of stock provisions.
- Posting month end accounting entries, reconciliation of nominal ledgers and preparation of supporting documentation.
- Support the year end audit with respect to stock and cost of goods sold.
- Maintenance of standard costings built from BOM.
- Assist with creation and management of new products, both physical and WEB only, in appropriate systems (Sage and M3).
- Maintain stock and pick sheets as products evolve.
- Support the Commercial Financial Controller with adhoc reports and projects.
- AAT qualification.
- Experience of working in an accounting environment.
- Adept with systems, very confident and capable with Microsoft Excel.
- Management of complex and incomplete data.
- A quick learner, able to use logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- A positive team player with the ability to build relationships with customers, own team and across the business.