Location: Okehampton, Devon.
Reporting to: Production Shift Manager
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Hours: 0600-1400/1400-2200 hours Monday to Friday, rotating weekly (Flexibility outside of these hours required to meet business demands)
Holiday: 25 days + Bank Holidays
It’s an exciting time to join the Forthglade family in our state-of-the-art factory in Okehampton. We’ve been proudly producing natural pet food in Devon since 1971 and things have changed a lot since then.
To effectively manage the team with H&S and Quality your primary focus, achieve site KPI targets and demonstrate continuous improvement in your area.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, develop and motivate, building a team that operates self-sufficiently to consistently high standards across health, safety, quality, performance, and cost.
- Actively setting example of high-performance behaviour and challenging when team behaviours do not reach the same standard.
- Develop team through cross-training, mapping employees on key skills matrix to track development.
- Communicate effectively with team, and key stakeholders to improve departmental cooperation.
- Proactively championing continuous improvement and supporting energy saving projects identifying and delivering cost saving initiatives across a range of categories.
- Meet company production KPI’s, by effective management of the team, minimizing downtime and changeover.
Experience & Knowledge
Experience of managing a team. Working knowledge of a factory and food environment.
Good understanding of the Company goals and how the role of Supervisor contributes towards them. Specific knowledge within a given area of our manufacturing site and the ability to train/coach in this area of expertise.
Skills & Personal Attributes
Good numeracy and literacy. Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and work on own initiative where required. Ability to prioritise and manage own time effectively. Must be trustworthy, reliable, and punctual. Having a sense of responsibility for your own actions.