Location: Okehampton, Devon.
Hours: 37.5 Hours Monday to Friday (some overnight stays and weekend work may be required)
Reporting Into: National Field Sales Manager
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Holiday: 25 days + Bank Holidays
It’s an exciting time to join the Forthglade family in our state-of-the-art factory in Okehampton. We’ve been proudly producing natural pet food in Devon since 1971 and things have changed a lot since then.
The primary purpose of the role is to drive sales within the independent pet trade channel by growing range, space, and visibility for Forthglade products within independent pet shops across a defined geographical territory. In addition, the role is targeted to identify and gain listings in new retail customers who currently don’t stock Forthglade products across outlets such as independent pet shops, equestrian and animal feed outlets, country stores, farm shops and garden centres.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Wholesale (where required)
- Regular face to face and telephone contact to ensure all Forthglade products are stocked and available for Independent retailers.
- Activate promotional plans in line with trade channel promotional strategy.
Independent Pet Retail Customers:
- Using a set journey plan to make regular calls to Independent pet shops
- Gain store listings for new or missing products from the range.
- Secure additional space for the Forthglade brand.
Direct Pet Trade Customers (where required):
- Meet regularly to ensure that the Forthglade range is continually developed.
- Develop and execute promotional and in store activation plans.
- Well organised, self-motivated with a can-do attitude.
- Trustworthy, likeable and respected personality trait.
- Strong work ethic with a desire to achieve and succeed.
- Creative, can see opportunities others may miss, with an eye for detail.
- A confident communicator with both customers and internal colleagues across all mediums.
- Good planning and prioritisation skills to accommodate changes and objectives.
- A high level of numeric and IT competency specifically Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.