Location: Okehampton, Devon.
Hours: 25 Hours Monday to Friday.
Reporting Into: Financial Controller
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Holiday: 25 days + Bank Holidays
Forthglade currently manufactures through its own production facility in Okehampton, markets, sells and distributes largely in the UK with ambitions to grow outside into overseas territories. Forthglade’s sales model is omni-channel represented in the independent channel, with all major pet specialist and grocers, with all major on-line pet food players and growing quickly through its own B2C operation.
Responsible for order processing and the generation of daily invoices, assisting with the management of the accounts receivable ledgers, the exercise of credit control and risk management procedures on customer accounts and the timely collection of payments due. Working with the Financial Controller to deliver through efficient and effective processes, with due controls in place.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up of new customers and assessing the credit risk of new and ongoing customers and credit limits to be provided, referencing company policies and practices.
- Management of the company credit insurance policy, and insurance cover levels.
- Processing sales orders received, including those via EDI, on a timely basis, managing due dates in liaison with operations and providing daily order book updates to the business.
- Raising and posting on invoices upon confirmed shipments, again including EDI invoices.
- Processing of cash receipts and allocation against customer accounts and transactions, following up on unmatched balances.
- Chasing up for payment of overdue or soon-to-be due balances and sending out of monthly statement to customers and chasing letters or any further action as deemed necessary.
- Investigate and challenge customer claims, charges and credits liaising with sales or operations as appropriate.
- Supporting the Forthglade broader team with information requests, compliance requirements and queries and the Finance team.
- Previous accounts receivable / credit control or similar financial processing experience.
- Strong maths skills; AAT qualification would be advantageous, but not essential.
- Confident and experienced with using accounting systems and Microsoft excel.
- Focussed with excellent time management skills, high attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and manage own time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Problem solver, focussed, manage own time effectively, high attention to detail, plus the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Good communicator, able to engage others and build collaborative relationships easily.