With the festive season upon us we thought you’d appreciate a delicious recipe to bake at home, to show your four-legged friend how much you love them this Christmas. Simple, easy and sure to get a tail wag of approval you’re sure to want to make these delicious treats time & time again.
Turkey and Cranberry Christmas Stars
- 130g oat flour
- 20g almond flour
- 60g dried cranberries
- 120g shredded turkey leftovers
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl
- Add oat flour, almond flour, cranberries and turkey
- Kneed the dough and roll it out approx 3mm thick (if the dough is a bit sticky to handle add more flour)
- Cut with star shaped cookie cutter*
- Place on parchment paper and bake for 30 minutes or until they are golden brown.
*A 7cm star cookie cutter makes approx 30 cookies.
TIP: For a harder cookie, allow the treats to cool inside the oven completely before removing.
WARNING: Dried cranberries add a pop of fruity flavour to these festive treats but don’t substitute them with raisins. Grapes and raisins are not suitable for dogs as just a few can be dangerous, causing acute renal failure.
Have a wonderful Christmas and whatever happens, try not to be tempted to share your festive goodies with your dog! Check out of blog for more details on the dangers of festive food for your dog here.